- To alter its opening times.
- To make reasonable variations to the visitor offer.
- To suspend or discontinue events and activities (for example, because a key member of staff is unwell).
- To suspend or discontinue the sale of products in the Gift Shop (for example, if suppliers cannot provide stock).
- To make changes to its statutes, ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures which the University reasonably considers necessary (for example, in the light of changes in the law or the requirements of the University’s regulators).
In the unlikely event that Jodrell Bank Centre for Engagement discontinues or does not provide a particular product or service:
- It will tell relevant individuals at the earliest possible opportunity.
- It will make an appropriate refund or exchange.
Upon the purchase of an event or admission ticket, or an item from the Gift Shop, the relationship between the customer and Jodrell Bank Centre for Engagement becomes contractual. In entering into that contract, neither the customer nor Jodrell Bank Centre for Engagement intends that any of the terms of the contract will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person not a party to it.
From time to time this website may also include links to other third party websites. These links are used to provide further information and are not intended to signify that Jodrell Bank Centre for Engagement or The University of Manchester endorses such websites and/or their content. Jodrell Bank Centre for Engagement or The University of Manchester takes no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of using the linked websites or as a result of using the information published on any of the pages of the linked websites.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure downloadable content is free from viruses, Jodrell Bank Centre for Engagement or The University of Manchester cannot accept any liability for damages resulting from virus infection.