Our incredible First Light Pavilion has come a long way in the last 12 months. Construction of this beautiful new building has been led by Kier and we’re really proud of their achievement earning a Certificate of Excellence in the Considerate Construction Scheme.
Sustainable practices are at the heart of this project and real care has been taken to protect the environment throughout the building process. Some highlights include:
- A site materials manageement plan including waste segregation, re-use and recycling
- Saving, storing and re-using excavation material in the building works to avoid disposal and transport off-site
- Ecology protection including tree protection, the installation of bird and bat boxes and use of scarecrows to keep nesting away from construction areas
- Using a local supply of ethically sourced topsoil
- Monitored and minimised use of natual resources and carbon footprint reporting and off-setting
- Rainwater harvesting from the site cabins for boot and tool washing
- Donation of redundant pallets and other materials for re-use
You can see progress on the construction project here.