We are based in the Cheshire countryside and are surrounded by rural lanes including National Cycling Network routes 55,70, 71 and 573. We are 2.5miles from Goostrey rail station (which is on NCN route 573) and 10 miles from Macclesfield Rail station. Our café is a popular destination for cycling clubs and individual cyclists from around the North West and we have a covered, well lit bike shed to store your bike during your visit.
If you wish to cycle from Goostrey Station, you may find the following directions helpful, though you are also urged to bring a map or similar as there is limited signage on the country lanes. Please remember lights and high visibility clothing if you are cycling during hours of darkness as there are no street lights.
- Leave the Station and turn right.
- Turn right just after the church onto Church Bank.
- Continue along Blackden Lane until it forks, take the right fork onto Bomish Lane. Please do not venture off this road. At one point it will appear that you are cycling away from the telescope, but hold your nerve as you are on the correct road.
- Continue around the right hand bend and over the railway bridge.
- The entrance to the site is on the right just after the railway bridge.