Pulsars: Lighthouses of the Skies
Professor Joel Weisberg
Wednesday, 6th September, 7:30pm
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the discovery of pulsars, we’re delighted to welcome Professor Joel Weisberg to present our September Lovell Lecture.
Co-author of over 60 scientific journal articles, author of an annotated bibliography on pulsars, and editor of a further book of pulsar articles, Weisberg is a leading figure in the field of pulsar research.
Not to be missed!
To celebrate this special occasion, and to thank our audiences for their continued support of the Lovell Lecture series, we’re delighted to to host a special pre-lecture dinner.
Priced at just £30 per person, a set menu of dinner, desert and drinks, will be served in a marquee outside our Space Pavilion. Guests should arrive at 5.30pm and will be seated at tables of ten at 5:45pm prompt.
The evening’s menu is as follows and you can make your reservation online here. -Please firstly choose the number of reservations you need, then make your selections from the main, desert, and drinks options.
Please note that reservations must be make in advance
- Lamb loin/rump, artichoke, sticky dumpling (lamb belly),
black garlic, pressed potato (GF, DF)
- Pork belly & cheek, pressed garlic, potato, kale,
roast onion (GF, NF)
- Corn-fed chicken, cardamom puree, fondant, (GF, NF)
- Spiced pepper and courgette galette, curried cauliflower & charred corn.
(Vegan, DF, GF, NF) Contains mustard and curry powder
- Strawberry mousse, sweet basil strawberry jelly and balsamic (GF, V, NF)
- Artisan cheese and biscuits, pickled grapes, celery (NF)
- A gluten free, vegan, nut free and non chocolate dessert also available
- White Wine, Red Wine, Lager, Soft Drinks
Please note that there will be more drink available to purchase on the evening.
(GF -Gluten Free, NF -Nut Free, DF -Dairy Free, V – Vegetarian