We work to inspire the scientists of the future by engaging them with the scientific research carried out at Jodrell Bank and with the stories of the creation of the Observatory and its ground breaking science.
In order to do this we:
- Create beautiful and inviting spaces that welcome all visitors to the Jodrell Bank site.
- Work alongside Jodrell Bank scientists and engineers, devising events, exhibitions and collaborations via which they can engage people with their fascinating work and the story of their careers .
- Take new and exciting approaches to presenting the wonders of science in a way that engages our visitors emotionally as well as intellectually, evoking wonder, surprise, humour and, above all, curiosity.
- Offer a high quality Education programme that inspires school pupils and other learners to pursue their own interest in science;
- Approach all our work with a view that science sits clearly at the heart of our culture.
- Honouring the heritage of the Jodrell Bank site, managing the way in which people can engage with it so we preserve and celebrate it for future generations.